The problem of unwanted pets is growing. The Humane Society of the United States estimates more than 6 million pets are abandoned each year. Every day in our community people discard litters of unwanted puppies and kittens. These defenseless animals are forced to fend for themselves. You can help solve this problem. Please spay or neuter your pet.
Preventing strays with a successful spay/neuter program.
- Keep your eyes open for animal cruelty and report it to New Albany Floyd County Animal Shelter (812) 948-5355.
- Help us help animals by making a tax deductible contribution.
- Prevent a stray, neuter or spay!
Educating the public on the humane treatment of animals.
The pet population in this country is growing faster than the human population.
- More than 6 million pets are surrendered to animal shelters each year.
- Because of the high numbers, many adoptable animals are euthanized each year.
Unless we all work together to keep the animal population under control, many of these cute creatures will grow up without proper care, or become abandoned and contribute to the increase in unwanted animals.
Treating and assisting animals in need.
- New Albany / Floyd County Animal Control Shelter (812) 948-5355 215 W. Market St. New Albany, IN 47150 Hours: Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 4:30 PM
- Floyd County Animal Rescue League (812) 949-9099 P.O. Box 285 New Albany, IN 47151.
- Jefferson Animal Hospital (502) 966-4104 4504 Outer Loop Louisville, KY 40219 24 Hour Emergency Medical Treatment.
- If you are in need of emergency financial assistance to help treat an injured or sick pet, please click here to contact us.